Sign In

​​​​​​Colorado is world renowned for its wide array of outdoor recreation. Colorado Parks and Wildlife strives to make sure that everyone can access our special places and activities. Here are some of the Colorado Parks and Wildlife programs available to people with disabilities: 

Columbine Park Pass 

The Columbine Pass offers discounted access to Colorado's state parks for Colorado residents who have a documented total and permanent disability. The Columbine Pass is $14 per year and is transferable between vehicles.

Accessible Fishing Locations

Colorado Parks and Wildlife maintains a list of accessible fishing locations. Select the region below to find accessible fishing access near you:

Project funding for new accessible fishing facilities and access is available annually through the Fishing is Fun Grant Program.

Lifetime Free Fishing License

Colorado residents who are totally and permanently disabled can apply for free lifetime fishing license. 

Facility-based Fishing License

Mental health institutions that provide 24-hour, 7-day-a-week care to patients can apply for a facility fishing license that covers all their patients. The license is good for the calendar year in which it was issued and must be renewed each year. The license is not available for "day care" facilities. For information about the program call 303-291-7235 or complete the Facility License​ Application​. 

Disabled Veteran Lifetime Fishing and Small Game Hunting Combo License

Military veterans who are disabled and residents of Colorado are eligible to apply for a lifetime fishing and small game combo license. The veteran must have proof of service-connected disability of 60% or more, as rated by the Department of Veteran's Affairs. Purple Heart recipients are also eligible to apply for the combo license. Hunter education requirements must still be met for use of the small game license. 

Disabled First Responder Lifetime Fishing and Small Game Hunting Combo License

First Responders who are residents of Colorado and received a permanent occupational disability as a result of their official duties are eligible to apply for a free lifetime fishing/small game license and parks pass. The first responder must have proof of a permanent occupational disability, as rated by the Fire and Police Pension Association. Peace officers and fire fighters who are not with FPPA are eligible to apply via the affidavit on the application. Hunter education requirements must still be met for use of the small game license. 

Big Game Mobility-Impaired Hunting License Program

Hunting licenses are available for individuals with a mobility impairment resulting from a permanent medical condition that makes it physically impossible for them to hunt without assistance. Evidence of mobility impairment may include, but is not limited to, prescribed use of a wheelchair, shoulder or arm crutches, walker, two canes, or other prescribed medical device or equipment. See the Mobility-Impaired Hunting License Request Form or call 303-291-7380 for more information. 

Habitat Stamp Exemption

Any person who holds a free Lifetime Fishing License; Veteran’s Lifetime Combination Small Game Hunting/Fishing License; or are approved for the Big Game Mobility Impaired Hunting Program is exempt from the Habitat Stamp requirement.

Hunting Accommodation Permits for Persons with Disabilities 

Important: Please review the Information Bulletin for Accommo​dation Permit Holders before applying. ​

​Hunters with disabilities, as defined in the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), may complete a Wildlife Recreation Accommodation Permit Application to request accommodation for:  

  • Shooting from a stationary motor vehicle and/or OHV
  • Use of an assistant to track and dispatch wounded game
  • Use of the exterior or a vehicle to support a firearm
  • Crossbow or draw-lock​ device during archery season - these permits allow use of non-magnifying scopes and red dot sights that magnify 1X or less. They do NOT allow for the use of scopes with magnification greater than 1X, magnified optical aids, laser, battery or electronic powered aiming, sighting, or range-finding devices (with the exception of red dot sights).

Other Accommodations and/or Services​ (Not related to Hunting)

If you need Sign Language Interpretation, Assistive Listening Equipment or require other ADA accommodation services unrelated to hunting, please complete and submit the Reasonable Request Form. ​​​ 

(Exception: Requests for Hunter Education Classes have a separate request form and require at least 15 days notice prior to the class.)​ 

The Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife (CPW) receives federal financial assistance from multiple bureaus within the U.S. Department of the Interior. Under Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act (as amended), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (as amended), the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the U.S. Department of the Interior and its bureaus prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability or age.  In addition, CPW adheres to all antidiscrimination laws of the state of Colorado.  If you believe that you have been discriminated against in any CPW program, activity, or facility, please review our Nondiscrimination and Grievance Procedure to file a complaint.